My Favorite To Do List/ Productivity App
I have a lot going on these days (even though summer is in full swing). Between being a momma of one (until November when #2 will be here), a wife and a fitness coach I sometimes don't know what I need to be doing. Oh, did I mention I work full time too?! So, I am really working on getting organized (not my strong suite at all) and using my favorite accessory to do that! What might that be? My phone of course. Chalene Johnson talks about using your smart phone to stay on track ALL the time and she's right. I have tried carrying planners and jotting things down on paper, but inevitably I leave the planner at home because it won't fit in my purse or lose the sheet of paper. However, I NEVER leave home without my phone. My how times have changed since I got my first phone and couldn't access the internet and didn't text because it was too expensive. I digress. Anyway, I did a little research and found an app I really like for my smart phone. It is called 2do: To do list | Task List. Here is what I love about it so far:
1. I can create different "calendars" which work more or less like categories or folders.
2. I can set multiple alarms for one task (and I need multiple reminders believe me).
3. I can create to do lists, checklists or projects.
4. I can categorize priority (low, medium, high and even starred).
5. I can set recurring tasks (and the options are fabulous for recurring tasks)!
6. I can list an action (such as email, text, call, google etc.) for the to do task.
7. I can add a note on the task (LOVE this!)
8. I can add a picture, category tag and even url to the task!
Here are a few screen shots so you know what I'm talking about…
On the left you can see my different "calendars". You can label them however you like and change the colors too!
This is what the screen looks like when creating a task. I love the many options you have to really make each task for specific. I also love the ability to add more than one reminder since I am kind of forgetful! (You can email the reminder or have it make noise. Email is a nice option for when I am at work.)
The only downfall at all with this app is that it isn't free. I know that is kind of a bummer. BUT, I will say I have tried SEVERAL free apps along the way and I have not liked any of them as much as I am liking this app so far. Let's just see if I can keep my family life, fit life and work life all running smoothly because of this app! I'd love to hear what to do list apps other people are using. Don't use your phone? How do you stay organized? Be sure to share in the comment section below!