Motivation Monday 1
Image by JSCREATIONZS
Here it is yet again. Monday. For me Monday is the day I love to hate. I should probably explain a little. It isn't that Monday is a BAD day. It is just that I really love spending the weekend with my family. On the flip side, however, is the fact that each Monday is a chance to start over. Start fresh. Pretend last week didn't matter and do things differently. Anyone else understand where I am coming from? Monday's are similar to the start of a new month, a new semester or a new year. If you are anything like me then you often need a "do over". You realize last week or last night didn't go the way you wanted it to and it is time to make a change. What is nice about that is you don't have to wait for the new semester or new year to begin. You can make the change TODAY! So, how do we do that? How do we just flip the switch and make a difference? Honestly, the hardest part is making the decision. It is a choice to make a change, no matter what the circumstances may be. What do you want to accomplish? Is it an organizational goal? A fitness or weight loss goal? A stop procrastinating goal? Is it a long term or short term goal? Whatever the case may be here are a few simple steps you can take to get moving and get motivated once again!
1. Identify your goal. Decide what it is you want to change and be SPECIFIC. Make sure your goal is something you can actually achieve. It is always best to start small and work your way up.
2. Make a plan. Sit down and brainstorm a list of 20 things you can do to reach that goal. Yes. I said 20. Think outside the box. Really understand what it is going to take for you to reach your goal and stick to your plan.
3. Write it down. If you haven't done this yet you are missing the secret ingredient to motivation success. You NEED to write down your goals. I also recommend putting them in your cell phone. I like to refer to my goals and to do list through out the day to keep myself of track. It will help I promise. I have Chalene Johnson to thank for that idea. It is truly changing my life.
4. Set a deadline. When do you want to accomplish your goal by? Don't be shy. Give yourself a time limit. If that time comes and goes without doing what you set out to do then sit down and reflect on where you went off your path. This is all about evaluating yourself and realize that it all comes down to YOU. If you aren't reaching your goals it isn't the fault of your mom, brother, aunt, cousin, boss, best friend, dog or society in general. it is up to you. The sooner you figure that out the better of you will be! Jim Rohn and his audio Living an Exceptional Life is a great place to start if you are blaming everyone else for your lack of success. He has changed my thinking and I am changing every day because of it.
5. Find accountability. Once you have decided on your goal, set your plan, written it down and made your deadline all that is left is to share it with the world! Ok, maybe not the world, but share it with someone! The more people you share your goals with the more accountability you will have and eyes watching you! Nothing and I mean nothing gets me motivated more than knowing I have to report to someone else on my progress. Try it. You will thank me!
There you have it! My 5 secret weapons to motivation success. What do you think? What gets you motivated? Don't forget to show me some love and leave a comment below!