Keeping New Year’s Resolutions
We are already at the end of January and the New Year’s Resolutions we made on January 1 may be a distant memory. How are you doing with your resolutions? Have you stuck with them? Do you already find yourself off track? Sometimes we bite off more than we can chew (no pun intended) and realize we weren’t ready for the changes we thought we could handle. So, here are a few tips I have for you that might keep you going or get you started again!
1. Find a workout you can stick with. You don’t have to jump strait into P90X if you aren’t ready for that, but find something you can enjoy. Maybe it is walking, jogging, using an elliptical machine or exploring programs like P90X. Whatever it is be true to you!
2. Set a start date (even if you already started and fell off the wagon you can set a NEW start date and give yourself a do-over). Make sure to share your start date with EVERYONE! The more people who know your start date the more people you have to “answer to” when you miss a day!
3. Schedule your workouts like an appointment. Let’s face it, if we don’t have our workouts scheduled in to our day they won’t happen. We all have good intentions, but we are also very busy people. Put your workouts in your planner and then don’t be late for your appointment with yourself!
4. Find an accountability partner & share with EVERYONE what you are doing! As I said before, the more people who know about your goals the more likely you are to achieve them. You don’t want to let others down now do you?! I suggest checking in with your accountability partner DAILY! That’s what they are there for.
5. Be patient with yourself. Making changes takes time! You may still miss a workout every now and again or eat the dessert every so often. That doesn’t mean you’ve failed. It means you are human! Understand real change takes time. It doesn’t happen overnight. That also goes for your results, so don’t quit if you haven’t lost the weight you want in the amount of time you want. You may have to re-evaluate your goals to see if they were doable in the first place!
I hope these suggestions help! There will be more in the near future. Keep up your hard work! I’d love to hear how it is going so far. Leave a comment below! With other questions feel free to email me at SieckFitness@gmail.com