22 Weeks Pregnant and Counting…
As you may know if you follow my blog, I am currently 22 weeks pregnant (and counting) with baby #2. Being pregnant the second time around has proven to be a little different than it was the first time. Maybe it has something to do with chasing around a 3 year old at the same time as dealing with extra pregnancy sleepiness, nausea and weight gain? Whatever the case may be, I know my hubby and I are lucky to be blessed enough to have another nugget on the way. I will admit though there are several things going through my mind as we anticipate our bundle of joy in November. So, I thought I'd blog about it here to see if anyone else has had these feelings or is going through them now. Here goes…
1) I am nervous about helping my current son transition from being an only child to a big brother. I know it will be challenging and even though he is excited right now he may get over that quickly when baby is here.
2) I am nervous about losing the baby weight for a second time. Even though I have the tools in my arsenal to drop the pounds, I have not been perfect so far during this pregnancy (and I've heard it is harder to lose the weight the more pregnancies you have). I struggle with cravings for pizza, cheeseburgers and sweets giving in too frequently. I also struggle with the heat and being able to exercise outside and even just having the energy to use the programs I do have like Turbo Fire or Turbo Jam to exercise inside. I let excuses get in the way too often as well. I don't want to let myself make excuses during the second half of this pregnancy or once baby is here.
3) I am nervous about working full time with a very demanding job as a teacher, making time for my business, and having a new born joining our current family. Last time my little guy was 4 months old before I had to return to work (because of summer break) and this time I will be lucky if I get 8 weeks due to the time of year he will be born. I know my little guy won't be sleeping through the night and I worry about keeping up with everything. I didn't have to deal with that last time around.
4) I am nervous about having one on one time with my hubby. It can be hard enough balancing everything now (work, toddler, exercise, business etc.) as it is. Add another newborn in to the mix and our "schedule" will be blown out of the water!
5) I am nervous about my son thinking I don't love him anymore because I will be busy with the baby. He has been in a BIG daddy phase for awhile now and I know he will probably want me WAY more once the baby comes. I know there will be times I won't be able to give him what he wants and that breaks my heart.
So, do any other moms or moms to be have these fears? I'd love to hear in the comment section below.
*photo provided by freedigitalphotos.net